Our Café’s Mission
The mission of the Everett Recovery Café is to be a safe, healing community for individuals in recovery from the trauma of homelessness, addiction, and mental health challenges and to empower long-term transformation through human connection.
Anyone is welcome to visit the Café as a guest for the day. The only requirement we ask is that anyone entering the space be drug and alcohol free.
Now, more than ever, we stand together to stand in the gap.
Everett Recovery Café was founded on the belief that every human being is beloved regardless of past trauma, mental and emotional anguish, addictive behaviors or mistakes made.
Our facility shows our Members they are deserving of a beautiful, safe, drug and alcohol-free space. We are a loving community in order to anchor our Members (closely-supported consumers) in the sustained recovery needed to gain and maintain access to housing, social and health services, healthy relationships, education and employment.
Our program is designed to help people maintain recovery, reduce relapse and fulfill potential.
Important elements of this work include:
- Radical Hospitality: We lead by putting extraordinary effort and emphasis on making people feel welcomed and remembered!
- Recovery Circles: Small peer-support circle that meets the same time each week to share challenges and successes, give and receive feedback, and to become deeply known.
- Community Meals: Homemade soup, salad, and bread to nurture our Members.
- Classes: Allow for education, exploration of something new, and healing: art, book studies, relapse prevention, yoga, meditation, creative writing.
- Service Work: The Café belongs to the community members, and to give back, and be a part of, all members contribute to service work at the Café, be it walking with a member to a doctor’s appointment or mopping the floor at the end of the day.
- Recovery Coaching: Recovery Coaching is a huge part of our community. Treating people as resources is in what we do!
- Peer Leadership: At the Café, we strive to lead leaders into a path where our members can advocate on a position that they thrive in.
We provide support, resources and a community of care along the entire continuum of a person’s need for recovery assistance. Whether in crisis, newer to recovery, in long-term recovery, after a relapse, during a difficult life change, or mental health transition, the Café is there as a refuge of care with evidence-based support and love.
We teach people ways to manage mental health, maintain sobriety, and build community. We help each individual reclaim life as a person worthy of giving and receiving love.
Through our work, we prevent individuals from another potentially life-ending crisis, saving taxpayer money in emergency intervention to help them stabilize, and allowing mental health and addiction support professionals to focus on health maintenance and addiction prevention.
At Everett Recovery Café … Your Healing Can Begin Today
Explore the different ways you can engage in our community of belonging, healing, learning and ongoing support: